A total of 34 output channels with a maximum steady state current capacity of 200A
Robust and Ultra Compact
Clear and Powerful Fully Graphical Logic Programming Software - Easy to read and follow with full logic simulation ability, complete operational logic schematics can be physically printed giving quick and easy reference material for engineers working on building or maintaining the vehicle wiring.
Inputs - 16 ON/OFF input channels; also capable of support 0-5v, Thermistor, Bi-polar and Frequency type signals when used in 'Slave Link' mode.
Slave Link - enables Life Racing ECU units to directly claim access to the PDU34A's input and output channels in order to receive data from or else control those channels with ultra low latency
Flexible outputs - 10x flexible output drivers configurable to operate as high power High side power switching, as Half-bridge or paired into 5x Full-bridges, these 10 outputs can also be configured to operate as low-side PWM drivers.
The PDU34A's combined flexibility allows racing vehicle system designers the freedom to use these robust PDU output channels to perform high speed control tasks managed by any Life Racing ECU. Some examples of are, direct closed loop power control of electric engine coolant pumps, fuel and oil pump power, VVT position actuators (both motors and solenoids), direct control of DBW systems.
The PDU34A is capable of configurable soft starting of electrical loads as well as closed loop current limitation, this can be used to reduce large short duration inrush current which can be generated when switching on large electrical loads such as high power radiator cooling fans.
Network Interfaces - 1x CAN 2.0b, 1x LIN (Custom Projects Only), 1x RS232C serial interface (Custom Projects Only). and a two port Ethernet switch
Advanced Power Management - the PDU34A can be user configured with options for simple on/off operation with the units main supply voltage. But is also capable of automatic wake/sleep operation which can be set to be triggered either by switching dedicated "wake" pin, or can be configured to wake on activation of inputs channels 12 to 16.
The wake and sleep operation of the unit can also be controlled by CAN bus 1 operation, wake on bus activity or upon receipt of a specific CAN message, all with fully user configurable address's and operational parameters as well as timeout settings for auto sleep.
- Microprocessor controlled power switching, monitoring and fusing unit
- Fully configurable input to output schematic mapping with latch, flash, and logic functions
- Fully configurable inrush current, high current and low current trips
- Control and diagnostic communication with ECUs, datalogging or telemetry equipment
- Current monitoring on all outputs available on datastream or pc
- 34 switched power outputs with individual trip configuration, fusing and alarms
- 10 multifunction high side, low side, high side PWM (fixed 20kHz) outputs
- (20A continuous, soft-start inrush limiting 50A, hard-start inrush 50A)
- 20 high side outputs (20A continuous, hard-start inrush 50A)
- 4 high side outputs (10A continuous, hard-start inrush 50A)
- 128 soft outputs via CAN
- 16 voltage level inputs
- 128 soft inputs via CAN with configurable validation time and debounce time
- Single pin fault indicator lamp output and reset input
- Two port ethernet for PC configuration and monitoring connection
- Two CAN 2.0B interfaces (CAN 1 for other controller communication and CAN 2 dedicated for LR proprietary use only)
- RS232 serial interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems. (Custom projects only)
- 6V to 20V input voltage (12V) (Deutsch Autosport connector limited to 200A)
- Deutsch AS connectors
- CNC machined, ‘O’ ring sealed, anodised aluminium case
- Operating Temperature -25 to +85C